Monday, May 12, 2008

The Sharp Curves of Life

If life is a journey, and days the road, then challenges are the Sharp blind curve. As I negotiate one such curve in my life now, the experience is heart trending and disturbing. But then I know I am not faced with choices. All I know is the blind curve has come and I need to negotiate it. Irrespective of me wanting it or no.

But then was I totally unaware of it? Did it take me by surprise? Didn’t I notice the gradual bends leading to this sharp curve? I need to ponder over this. The fact is I knew it was coming. I was also suspicious about it. But what has surprised me is my own ignorance and single mindedness that prevented me from taking actions to nip the bud. Now I know I am in a severe mess and I really have no explanation for this. I messed it up all myself and have no one to give explanation to.

At times I ponder what kept me from taking actions. The result comes with a mixed bag. In parts it was my lethargy, in parts it was inability to come out of comfort zone and in parts it I used my pseudo self belief to confirm the fact that I am doing it all right. Now I know I was wrong by all means, but then is it only my fault? Are relations just one person’s responsibility? Isn’t there anything called bilateral commitment in relation. I think at this juncture I have no rights to ask questions. I had better ask them when I get through these rough seas successfully.

Today as I stand just a shade away from the blind curve, I have my own speculations. I have however kept my fingers crossed whether I’ll be able to see through. I know the life has to go on and I am no exception, but then whether I’ll get back what I have lost or I’ll have to live with this mistake of mine for rest of my life will be decided after I negotiate the curve. I have done all the required preparations and not leaving any stone unturned. But then I really have no clue what’s gonna happen. Hey stop getting excited, Its no video game with a reset key (How I wish real life had one). Here if you loose you cannot restart the game all over again and keep playing till you have got your hands set into it. Life gives just one chance. You win or you losse, you’ll have to stay with it.

To conclude, I would quote a couplet from Enrique’s song,
“There is a storm in my head,
And its raining on my bed!!!”

No comments:

Post a Comment