Tuesday, December 11, 2007

A lot can happen over 'Tea'

Take my word guys, this is no advertisement. Rather its an experience... (and its kind of philosophy, no thrilling stories). It was just another wednesday morning when i started getting ready for office,(with a speed that can beat the fastest tropical cockroach ). As i made my way to the bus stop , a tea stall at "Mataji mess" caught my eyes. The mess is regulared by IT folks for meals, and it was no surprise for me to see the mess guys wrapped in 'Shawls' preparing tea over gas stoves. Realising that i still had time to catch another bus to office , i decided to have a quick sip.
The morning was colder than usual , with thin fog still blanketing the buildings around the place.Its a common site in my locality to find all IT guys, well groomed , heading for their offices at this time of day. I waved one of the mess guys from a distance indicating him to prepare one cup for me. I quickly zeroed down at the stall and grabbed my cup. Its so comforting to hold something hot with chilled hands!!!
I just took first sip when i was able to make out the taste of over cooked tea, notwithstanding it still tasted awesome. Guess what, it was then when i realised that tea is such a thing which tastes different in different conditions . A tea in cold morning tastes differently than the one in your air conditioned offices. A tea after breakfast is by no means same as having one after you get up from a nap on a lazy sunday noon.
But there was one more thing special about the tea, it helped me to come out of my daily chores for a moment, gave me some time to reflect on my own self, helped me observe and appreciate the natural beauty around , that i had neglected all these days and all this for just Rs.3.
An irritating horn pulled me out of my dreams and helped me realise that i had already missed a couple of buses. I quickly got over with what was left and rushed towards the stop, thanking the 'TEA' for giving me a break from my regular schedule.
One more thing worth mentioning here is that i really avoid going to the stall daily.... Lest it becomes a routine task...

No comments:

Post a Comment